Sonntag, 1. November 2009

Singapore VI: Durian Experiences

I didn't try Durian once in my 4 months in Singapore. I tried Durian Chendol, pudding... but all was ewww... until my last week where I got a Durian pancake since it said 'fresh Durian filling'. I always liked the scent of Durians in the supermarkets, but the portions were pretty big and expensive if I didn't like it. Anyway, I got the small pancake, took a bit and OMG I couldn't believe it *__* One of the most delicious tastes I ever had in my mouth. The fruit was full of sweetness and intensity. Yes it's very fragrant... So back in Taipei I had to buy some of the fruit itself. The softer and darker, the more ripened it is. Ripe = more sweetness, more taste!


So how does Durian actually taste? It smells a bit like Onion, and also tastes a bit like sweet onion. At the same time the whole thing tastes like grape pudding, creamy grape pudding lol. I have never ever seen grape pudding (just jelly) in my whole life, but if it existed that's the taste I imagine it would have. Black grapes that is. Very creamy, sweet and intense. The rotten Durian Chendol and pudding tasted like sweet Shiitake mushrooms, which I found ewww. But the real fruit doesn't taste like the artificial counterparts. Now Durian is one of my favorite fruit ever... together with Sugar/Custard Apples and lychees.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen