Sonntag, 1. November 2009

Singapore I: tcc - The coffee connoisseur

While living in Singapore I got to know a few restaurant chains. One of my favorites is tcc - because of a cheese cake... But let me start with something else. This is the 'Wild Garden Salad' with mushrooms and tofu. It was topped with some vinegar dressing, all in all very unique and delicious.
















Next was the 'Smoked Salmon Avo-Bayon' Sandwich. Avocado cream and Sabayon on Salmon and sourdough bread. It was ok - but I expected more.
















I had a 'Fruitti Delight' to drink, it consisted of 2 nice tasting syrups with soda and some fresh fruit. Looks good and tastes great. I'm not a coffee fan, and milk drinks I find too heavy for a meal, so this soda was perfect.





















Here a pic from a different time, on the right is a lemon ice tea from my bf.





















Now the following cake is why I love tcc: 'Organic Soy Cheese Cake', the soft cheese layer tastes like caramel. It's divine, nothing like tofu or anything else soy bean. The few black beans (?) inside give you some extra fun to chew on. At 6,80S$ it's not cheap, you can get a chicken rice set meal at 5S$... but it's worth it. I wish the piece was bigger though. Definitely one of my all-time favorite cakes.
















Their other cheese cakes are good too, the Pumpkin one is similar to the Soy version, but the classic cheese cake below was a bit more sour. Nice, but not as special. A strawberry ice cream cup from my bf is behind. It wasn't stunning...





















Other things I tried:

- Lychee Jazz - a refreshing soda drink with Lychee Syrup and mint





















- Nougat milk shake - lots of nutty taste, very sweet and creamy, like ice cream :P, great as a dessert if you're not too full








The next time I come to Singapore I'll definitely visit a tcc again, for that expensive soy cheese cake at least ;D

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen