Sonntag, 8. November 2009

Oysters and brains...

Today I discovered some pics that people would usually cringe about... (I just say: brains...). But first I wanna show you some nice raw oysters.


Nice, big pieces served with ice and lime. Each oyster costs around 3-4€. Steep price, but they're sooo worth it, if you like the taste of raw oysters that is. The pics were taken in Taipei, but you can get smaller oysters @ Naschmarkt for 1,80€ already. They cost you 1,80€ if you eat them there (will be opened for you), if you choose to have them at home, you only pay 1€ per piece, but since I have no clue about opening them without hurting myself I'll eat them at the market... The only gripe: they are saltier than what I'm used too in Asia. I'll give the oysters in Taipei a 9.5/10 and those in Vienna an 8.5/10.


Now something more unusual: pork brain in herbal soup. The orange things are a small species of dates. The soup usually contains those dates, some other herbs and some kind of meat (sometimes chicken). Here we have some brains ^^
If you never had brains (no pun intended) you should try some, because it's sooo soft and yummy. The flavor is mild, very much like bone marrow (another thing that might make you cringe... but I'm talking bout beef or lamb bones, so chill).






Nice pics eh? Next time you'll get something more usual again ^^

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen