Sonntag, 1. November 2009

Singapore III: Brotzeit - German cuisine

Surrounded by seafood, in the heart of Asia. But I grew up in Austria, so I started to miss the hearty cuisine over there. To my surprise there was a German restaurant near my university (German and Austrian cuisine are similar, mostly. And the chef is an Austrian). Even though the prices were pretty high for Singaporean standards my bf and I went there to have some food ;D

On the right is an Apple Schorle, apple juice with sparkling water. A typical drink.
In the middle you find a potatoe salad and on the right a plum sauce that came with the dessert.


Let's take a look at the main course: here I have some Kaesespaetzle. It's some noodle with melted cheese and roasted onions. Very hearty, definitely not for a diet. Yummy for a cheese lover like me, but could have been a bit more cheesy.


My bf had the Nurnberger sausages. They come with mashed potatoes and Sauerkraut (some sour veggie. A Singaporean colleague was surprised how sour it was. If you're not used to it, the taste can be overwhelming). This dish seems to be one of the best-selling main courses. It's pretty nice, but there are better German dishes IMO.

Here comes the dessert: Kaiserschmarren. It's some kinda thick pancake dough with rum raisins and vanilla sauce. (Don't forget the plum sauce in the second pic, comes with it).


Everything was good, but at that price I wouldn't go there everyday and it's still better back in Austria...
Where to find? brotzeit at Raffles City http://www.brotzeit1516.com/

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen