Montag, 9. November 2009

Aston's Specialties@The Cathay Singapore

A friend of mine has birthday today and is planning on getting steak. This reminded me of my bfs birthday 08 in Singapore, where we went to a popular place to have some steak too. If you've been to the Cathay Building you've probably seen people outside Aston's Specialties queuing. If a lot of people queue, it can only be good, right? Well, we'll see...
For a start we had garlic bread. A yummy appetizer that simply belongs to steak.















Afterwards my bfs steak and side dishes came. Mixed veggies and deep-fried onion rings.





















After some minutes waiting my Wagyu beef (rare) also arrived. BUT, it wasn't rare... more of a medium. I like my steak almost raw, but this one was almost well-done.





















A close-up of my bfs steak, he had a different one, sirloin or something but I can hardly remember.





















The summary: the meat was not as soft and juicy as we expected from such queues. It wasn't bad either, but for the price (my Wagyu was 34S$, around 17€ at that time) I expect much more. Otherwise I could buy some meat from a butcher and go fry it myself. 7.5/10 overall.
I hope the steak place (Maredo) in Vienna is better, but since they import (say frozen) the meat from South America I'm curious if I'll get something bloody, soft and juicy there. Will take pics and tell ya of course.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen