Sonntag, 1. November 2009

Singapore II: Foodcourt desserts

One of my favorite things is food. I eat more than I need, but less than I want. My stomach can't take the amount of food I would like to shove down... when the mind wants more than the body can take I have to satisfy the former with something else. Pictures of food haha. Let's start with some Perenakan desserts you find in every Singaporean foodcourt.
Here comes the 'Rainbow Delight', at the Suntec City Fountain of Wealth dessert stall. What do you get? Ice Jelly, red rubies, longans, peach slices, some green stuff without much taste and some brown stuff :P All sitting on a heap of ice. Was ok, but there are better ones.





















The following was the worst thing I ever ate: Durian Chendol. When seperated I love Chendol and I love Durian. Just don' t mix them together... It tasted like sweet (!) Shiitake mushrooms with a dash of salty Soy Sauce and coconut milk... Just ewww.
















The 'Red Rubies' in the following pic is one of my favorite desserts. The red things taste like coconut (maybe it is coconut, I'm clueless) with jelly around it and the Sago pretty much taste like nothing. I like the coconut milk with everything else enough to make it one of my faves.

















Here comes the Soursop! One fruit I dearly miss is the Soursop. It wasn't available at supermarkets in Singapore, let alone Taiwan or even Austria... only dessert and juice stalls. See the big creamcolored slimy balls with the brown seed inside? Thats soursop, the small thingies on it are some other fruit. Ignore the blue noodles, didn't have much taste, but a nice look. I'm gonna eat you again, Soursop! Watch out...

















Not pictured are 2 other faves: Chendol and Pulut Hitam. I wasn't able/forgot to take pics. However, they deserve to be mentioned. The good thing is I can get the latter in Taiwan too, but for the former I'll have to return to Singapore again. Just for a short visit...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen