Montag, 16. November 2009

Grape Jelly

It's jelly time again... I recently tried this japanese white/green grape jelly that I bought in Taiwan. It's definitely not gelatine-based, as the liquid gets a jelly consistency as soon as it is cooled. Since I can't read japanese nor chinese I'll never know if it's konjac or agar agar... if you know please write a comment!
Anyway, you just boil 300ml of water, then let it cool down to 80° and then mix in the powder. After cooling for a few hours the jelly will look like this (when cut with a spoon already lol).
Here it is on a plate. Nice color...
Look at that piece! It feels harder than gelatine based jellies too.
I could stare at jelly all the time, probably because they look like huge raw gems ^^ However, this one also tastes very nice. It has the typical Muscat flavor and the sweetness is just right. It's also chewy, which I prefer to the melt-in-your-mouth quality of gelatine-based jellos.
As far as I remember the powder wasn't too pricey either, so I'll give it a 9/10 and would buy it again for that grape fix in jello form. I also have another package, but blue grape flavor. Will report on that one too once I make it.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen