Samstag, 31. Oktober 2009

Sweet japanese snacks

Everytime I'm in Taiwan I'll bring back some sweets to Vienna. Some of those sweets are japanese. You'll probably heard of Pocky (of which I love the Strawberry taste), but here I'll present you a few other interesting things. First there are many versions of Pocky, below is a vanilla/raisin coated kinda Pocky (named Fran, I guess... I'm not too sure as I can't read japanese and they sometimes have funny translations). Well, the taste was not that appealing. I liked the chocolate/nuts coated version better.
The following are favorites though. KitKat is pretty much global, but we only have the milk chocolate, white chocolate and chunky version (besides a cherry KitKat in a japanese store). I was surprised to find a 'Muscat of Alexandria' and 'Berry' version.
The berry one looks like white and pale pink chocolate marbled together. They taste sweet like white chocolate with a well balance berry flavor (a bit artificial, but I like it).

The grape version is pale green, again they are only sweet, nothing sour to detect. Now the taste is, what I always expect green grapes to taste like. This KitKat also have an artificial flavor (as I cannot remember having tasted such delicious grapes without a hint of sourness), but I adore it! Too bad they are not widely available in Taiwan and I didn't see them in September (but did in December 08 and February this year). If anyone knows they're permanent in Japan please write in the comments... I'd be relieved.

Oh, btw the background of the grape KitKats is a box of Lindt chocolates... had some yummy stuff in it.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen