Mittwoch, 28. Oktober 2009

Found you again...

my beloved SWORDFISH/BUTTERFISH/KANJIKI!!! Ever since leaving Singapore I was wondering whether I'd be able to find that juicy, delicious fish again. Today I tried DOTS Experimental Sushi on Mariahilferstraße 103 (take U3 to Zieglergasse). I read good reviews about it somewhere and randomly looked on their menu online. Then I found their Kanjiki Sushi, which they translate to butterfish (but Kanjiki is known to me as swordfish from Singapore). Had to try it of course...

Sorry for the crappy pics, but I always forget to take my camera with me when eating out so here are some from my phone. This is the part where we were sitting:
And the following pic is a plate of all the sushi we ordered. On the left are butterfish maki, top middle are butterfish nigiri (both make the small Butterfish-Set). Top right is crispy chicken maki from my bf and on the bottom we have Rainbow bombs.
As the title suggests: the butterfish was sooo delicious, similar to Sakae Kajiki and better than the supermarket swordfish blocks. Next time I'll definitely get the big Mix set (more maki and nigiri PLUS sashimi!). Of course my favorites were the big nigiri pieces, even though the rice was a bit more sour than what I'm used to. Slightly overwhelming the fish, but won't stop me from getting their butterfish again and again and... maybe I should just order a big block of butterfish. My second favorite are the butterfish makis, nicely balanced with surimi, avocado and sesame crust. Then came the crispy chicken maki, they were nice, but nothing too exciting as I like fish more in sushi. The last place goes to the Rainbow Bombs, too much rice, too little, well decoration: fine fish and avocado slices topped with fish roe.
So what does it cost? Since I didn't take the receipt with me I can't give you the exact cent amounts, but you'll get an idea. Oh, and you better take some cash with you, in case their card reader breaks down like today... inconvenient, but whatever, the butterfish is good enough... and our waiter was nice too. I went there at an incovenient time (they were just opening and preparing) waiters were eating, but our waiter immediately served us leaving his food when we entered ^^ that's great service (if it was me I'd be annoyed that I had to stop eating, even for one minute lol).
Oh well, writing too much, here are the prices:
- 13,90€ for small Kajiki set (4 makis, 6 nigiris, yeah one's missing from pic as I already devoured it)
- 8,90€ for crispy chicken maki (8 pieces)
- 4,50€ for Rainbow Bombs (4 pieces)
- 5€ for Lychee Soda (actually one can of Lychee juice and some soda to mix yourself lol, a bit overpriced)2
- 2,40€ per person cover charge
My bf also ordered some spring rolls (served with sauce and a little salad with sweet dressing, tasted like fresh blueberries) and ice tea, but I have no clue how much they were.
So the final verdict:
A bit pricey for sushi in Austria, BUT depending on your dish/taste well worth it's price! A certain sushi chain in Vienna costs only a little less, but already delivers mediocre food. So for now DOTS is my first choice when it comes to Sushi in Vienna.
DOTS also have other Asian style dishes, which cost around 9-20€ per main dish (curry, tepanyaki...). But I think the next few times I go there it will be for some kind of fish lol.
So my rating for my buttefish set is 9/10.
Overall rating (including service, atmosphere): 8/10

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen