Donnerstag, 22. Oktober 2009

The place with the worst Tom Yum...

is also a place with... ok not the worst Sushi, but let's say a bit overpriced for what you get. I'm talking about Akakiko. It's the Austrian Sushi-fastfoodchain which is pretty much everywhere.
This pic is from years ago, back when I just moved to Vienna and didn't know any better place. The pictured set costs 6,99€, with wasabi, soy sauce and chopsticks. For 12€ you can have decent running sushi... more choice and such. But well, I've never eaten such a good sushi like in Tokyo... no surprise there. However, I have to admit that I haven't been to Vienna's best sushi place 'Unkai' in the Grand Hotel yet, as their prices do scare me a bit. My curiosity will certainly lead me there someday. For now my next sushi-place-to-try is Dots in Mariahilferstraße, they have a butterfish set, which sounds like it could be my beloved swordfish (kajiki) that I learnt to love in Singapore (Sakae Sushi! You got me addicted to delicious, juicy swordfish!).

Oh and to mention the Tom Yum, it actually tasted like a base for 'Gulasch', a hungarian specialty which I usually like. Just not as pseudo-Tom Yum that lacks certain other tastes and ingredients. When it comes to Thai Food I think I'll stick to the 'Bangkok', which is always full, a bit expensive, but has nice Phad Thai.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen