Samstag, 19. Dezember 2009

Luxemburgerli

It's been a while, this week has been really busy. I had visitors, started working fulltime and finally I have time to post some new things. Let's start with the Luxemburgerlis that my friend brought with her from Zurich. You usually can't get them anywhere else besides Switzerland, they need to be eaten on the same day (or at least the following day), BUT they are the swiss version of the french Macaroons, just a tiny bit smaller and with different flavors.

The glittering one in the bottom row middle is light champagne. Yes, it really shimmers, as if they dusted some golden shimmering pigment (MAC Vanilla ^^) on it. The pink one is raspberry, the dark brown chocolate (obviously), the orange tastes like mandarins and the other ones are cinnamon, hazelnut, coffee.
Had to show you the shimmer up close. It doesn't only look great, but also tastes great. There are other flavors to choose from when you're in Switzerland though. The one that intrigues me most is the Grand Cru (Black with gold dust...). Will definitely try that one if I have the chance. I'll also get several gold champagne ones since they taste really good.

All in all they're quite expensive from what I've heard, but really tasty. Not comparable with the so-so Macarons in Vienna... but I have yet to try more French Macarons. I ate some years ago, but can't remember if they were Laduree or not.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen