Samstag, 5. Dezember 2009

Dots Lounge - Fabulous Sushi again!

Today I went to Dots again with an old friend who is reading this blog frequently :D She loves butterfish too... so we went here again, around dinnertime.
The pics here are only of a small part of the lounge. There are several rooms at the back which seem to be for bigger groups (we saw them while looking for the restrooms).
For drinks I had a passion fruit lemonade (on the left) and my friend had a strawberry lemonade because they ran out of raspberry sirup... both tasted fruity and sweet without being overwhelming. We actually got bigger sizes and only paid what was stated for the 0.25l (2€).
Next came prawn crackers with a mayonnaise-dip for appetizers. They are included in the cover charge (2,90€) and came out cold, but crispy.
Finally our Sushi Mixed Sets arrived. I had butterfish, salmon and tuna (4 maki, 6 nigiri, 6 sashimi).
My friend had the butterfish-only set, also 4 maki, 6 nigiri and 6 sashimi.
Both Sets cost 19,90€ and is a decent price for what you get. The fish slices are generous, fresh, juicy and oh so yummy! The rice is well seasoned, the maki more complex than your average maki, the carrot and radish stripes under the sashimi is moist/fresh (not dried out as at other places), the wasabi has a good strenght and never came out stinky, like I already experienced at other places.
So Dots is staying my favorite place for sushi right now. Not only is their butterfish to-die-for, the tuna and salmon are delicious as well. If only they were cheaper... then I'd probably eat more often there (get fatter), but perhaps a lower price would give you not-so-nice quality... so my real hope is that the food simply stays the way it is ^^.
9/10 overall, upgraded because I love the butterfish so much... I ordered the mixed fish set since I didn't wanna order all the same things as my friend XD and to see whether their other fish would be as great too... they are, but I'll take the butterfish set too next time since it's my all time favorite. Salmon comes close, but it's just not the same delicious taste. And tuna is totally different, good in it's own sense, but doesn't have that buttery fattyness I love.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen