Montag, 2. November 2009

Selfmade Pizza - in the old days + dough recipe

I tried to make pizza a couple of times, including making the dough myself, however, they always turned out bland. On the one hand I used too little salt for the dough, on the other I overloaded the pizza with stuff, that wasn't salty enough on its own (veggies). Last but not least I didn't realize one needs to use very high heat and bake for a short time... So this is what i looked like back then:
Almost finished...
Ready to eat:
My pizzas nowadays look a bit different, the dough is flatter and I don't put THAT MUCH stuff on it anymore. To make this post a little more useful I'll tell you how I do my dough now (taken from my favorite Austrian cookbook by Plachutta:
-400g flour (480type)
- 1/4l water
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 25g yeast
- Salt (approx. 1 teaspoon or to tase)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
First mix the yeast with sugar and warm water. Let it grow for 10min. Then add the oil, salt, flour and water, work it until it's non-sticky dough. Then let the dough rest in a warm place for at least 30min. Then knead it again a bit, then spread the dough evenly across baking paper. Then spread tomato sauce, cheese, some pizza spices and whatever else you want on it. Finish with a bit of salt unless you know it's salty enough. Put the pizza into the preheated oven (I use 230° celsius and 10min, professional pizza is baked at 400-500° for some minutes, but I know most people don't have such an oven at home...). Be careful not to burn yourself when loading in and out... Enjoy your selfmade pizza!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen