Dienstag, 17. November 2009

It's cookie time! Cookie cutter tip included...

Christmas is almost around (at least the economy wants you to believe this), so what could be more fun than cutting, baking and decorating your own cookies.
If you didn't know yet, I love the japanese cartoon character Totoro.

So much I even make cookies looking like them... if only there were ready-made cookie cutters shaped like them... if you can't buy it, make your own! So I took the shape of my very favorite plush Totoro, drawed one half on a once-folded paper (see the folding line on the shape on the left) and cut it out. Then I put the paper figure on a sturdy (but cuttable with a scissor) piece of plastic (used the lid of a huge dairy box). Draw the whole shape with a suitable pen, and cut it out. Make sure to wash the color off again with dishwasher or something, we don't want non-foodsafe color on our future cookies...Then you just take the plastic piece, put it on your rolled dough and cut around the shape with a knife... can take a bit of time and will make the butter in your dough warm up again, so only take little dough at a time for 1 or 2 figures. Look, so many Totoros ^^
Now to some classic cookie cutters. I went to Interio today to get these wonderful cutters I saw a couple of days ago:
The snowflakes were sold in a set and I almost didn't get one. The first shop was already sold out of them as they're really popular (I'm sure you understand why lol), but the nice sales assistants managed to locate a shop with a couple sets left. Thank god, or once again I'd be kicking my own ass for not buying instantly... (they're 6,90€, not that exp. for 5 pieces, but still, I don't wanna make impulse buys I regret later lol).
If you want the snowflakes too: Interio on Mariahilferstraße still had two sets when I went there a couple of hours ago. The cat is still widely available though. Got that one and a cookie tin at the first store in Ringstraßengallerien first.
Now I only need to find a great cookie recipe... then you'll get some cat- and snowflake-shaped cookie pics too... suggestions much appreciated!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen