Samstag, 20. November 2010

Cupcakes in Vienna... @ Gerstner

I was astonished to find a local, traditional bakery suddenly offering cupcakes. It is Gerstner on Kärntnerstrasse, the main shopping street in Vienna's 1rst district. Of course I had to try some flavors and in order to justify buying more than 1 I talked my bf into eating one too, at least partially :D

So here we got a peach cupcake on the left and a chocolate one on the right. Let me tell you: both are delicious! The frosting is lightly whipped butter with some flavor, sooo not good for your health but sooo great tasting. The chocolate cupcake is filled with a bit of hazelnut paste (like Nutella) and the peach cupcake has yummy sweet peach pieces in the dough.


I have a slight preference for the peach cupcake, sind the whole thing goes together very well. The frosting isn't too sweat and the peach pieces add a flavor boost one piece at a time. Me likes :D As for rating: 8.5/10 for the chocolate and 9/10 for the peach cupcake. They cost 3 or 3,50€ I believe. However, I've never eaten an American (original, so to say) cupcake, so I can't really compare how authentic the Gerstner cupcakes are. If anyone has the knowledge please share!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen