Sonntag, 21. März 2010

All-you-can-eat teppanyaki in Vienna

In the last couple of months I got to know 3 Chinese style restaurants in Vienna (you know, the westernized 'Chinese' food that doesn't even exist in China...). All of them with teppanyaki or mongolian barbecue until you can't eat anymore. They are:

- Banyan (in the 9th district) near WU Wien)
- Red Apple (in the 1rst district, near TU Wien)
- Bamboo (in the 4th district, not near any University :P)

Their prices are pretty close, I can only remember Banyan exactly: 9,80€.
While Banyan claims to have Chinese, Japanese, Thai and Malay food their selection is pretty average, not anymore special than other Chinese restaurants. I was pretty disappointed since I'm looking for good Thai and Malay food (the best Thai restaurant I found in Vienna is called Bangkok, the prices are mid high). Ok, enough bashing, the food itself is okay, typical all-you can eat plus the Teppanyaki with average sauces to choose.

Red Apple has a bigger selection of sauces, but they didn't really taste that differently from each other (went there with a couple of friends, so I could try almost all of them) and their 'super spicy' sauce was mild IMO.

The last one is Bamboo, which impressed me most with its dessert selection actually. The main dishes and Teppanyaki are average (even though you have a bigger choice of Sushi there, which doesn't really taste that great, but whatever...), while for dessert you can choose from fruits as well as a wide array of cookies (not typically Chinese...).

My verdict: Bamboo is the winner out of the 3, if I had to rate it I'd give it a 7.5/10, but in general these Teppanyaki-style buffets didn't really WOW me, KWIM? The sauces are mostly bland and the result is not too impressing. Could have done the same at home if I had that many seafood and veggies to choose from.

Next up is the vegetarian restaurant, this time with pics again!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen